Tuesday, December 21, 2010

More changes

Things change to fast some times. I went from thinking we were going to stay where we are for about a year or so to moving this week. Yeah, neck break speed. All of this just when I think things are settling down for us.

For now my problems have taken center stage because they have started causing some problems with the pregnancy. The stress has started some really bad cramping and if it continues I have a good chance of going into preterm labor. This wouldn't be the first time I have gone into preterm labor. It happened when I was pregnant with my son. It is kind of nice to know that the people in my life care about me so much. Jen's family is the most helpful, they are really concerned and want us to move back so they can help me. They are doing what ever they can to help us move.

I started reading a really good book to help me over come some of my abuse problems and I would suggest it to any one. It is a book by Dr. Laura Schlessinger, it is called "Bad Childhood, Good Life." It has been very helpful. She makes a lot of good points and really makes you think about things. She also points out that going to therapy is not for every one and in a lot of cases it does more harm than good. I know for me it would never work out. The more I talk about what happened the more it hurts, so why would I want to talk about it every week? Dr. Laura talks a lot about these kinds of things in her book. I would suggest reading it to pretty much any one. It isn't just for people who have been beaten or sexually abused. It is for anyone who has had an unhappy childhood.

I am still working on getting past every thing. But I feel like I am on the right track now. I am not going to just be a survivor, I am going to be a victor. Yes, it is a BIG difference. Just think about it for a little bit. You can survive just about any thing, but that doesn't mean you come out on top. The point is to come out on top. You don't want to survive a fight you want to win it. You fight to win not to survive. This is true of any thing in life. You don't want to survive your problems, you want to beat them.

The cool part is the stuff that I have been learning about getting past my problems has really helped Jen with her problems as well. You can take a lot of these things and apply it to dealing with gender identity issues. You don't want to just survive the problems that come with it, you want to come out on top of them. I would actually suggest that you read the book I talked about a little earlier. It is really easy to apply it to your own set of problems. We can all be conquerors if we want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment